Benjamin S. P. Shen
- Reese Flower Professor of Astronomy and Astrophysics, 1972-96
- (Emeritus since 1996)
- Provost (interim), 1980-81
- Member, National Science Board, 1990-94
- Fellow, American Physical Society (1972). Fellow, AAAS.
- Ordre des palmes académiques, France
D.Sc.d’Etat, physics, University of Paris, Orsay, 1964
Astrophysics, cosmic-ray physics
Spallation reactions induced by cosmic rays; variable compact galaxies.
- High-Energy Nuclear Reactions in Astrophysics (W.A.Benjamin, 1967)
- Spallation Nuclear Reactions and Their Applications (Reidel, 1976)
Dissertation Defense: "Chirality and its spontaneous symmetry breaking in two liquid crystal systems"
August 4, 2015 - 2:30 pm
DRL Room 3W2
August 17, 2015 - 11:00 am
August 26, 2015 - 8:00 am