Benjamin S. P. Shen
- Reese Flower Professor of Astronomy and Astrophysics, 1972-96
- (Emeritus since 1996)
- Provost (interim), 1980-81
- Member, National Science Board, 1990-94
- Fellow, American Physical Society (1972). Fellow, AAAS.
- Ordre des palmes académiques, France
D.Sc.d’Etat, physics, University of Paris, Orsay, 1964
Astrophysics, cosmic-ray physics
Spallation reactions induced by cosmic rays; variable compact galaxies.
- High-Energy Nuclear Reactions in Astrophysics (W.A.Benjamin, 1967)
- Spallation Nuclear Reactions and Their Applications (Reidel, 1976)
January 28, 2015 - 4:00 pm
Ari Turner, Johns Hopkins University
January 29, 2015 - 12:00 pm
Professor Brian Chow (University of Pennsylvania)
Donner Auditorium, Basement Donner Building- 3400 Spruce St.
February 4, 2015 - 4:00 pm
Douglas Stone, Yale
David Rittenhouse Laboratory A8