Benjamin S. P. Shen
- Reese Flower Professor of Astronomy and Astrophysics, 1972-96
- (Emeritus since 1996)
- Provost (interim), 1980-81
- Member, National Science Board, 1990-94
- Fellow, American Physical Society (1972). Fellow, AAAS.
- Ordre des palmes académiques, France
D.Sc.d’Etat, physics, University of Paris, Orsay, 1964
Astrophysics, cosmic-ray physics
Spallation reactions induced by cosmic rays; variable compact galaxies.
- High-Energy Nuclear Reactions in Astrophysics (W.A.Benjamin, 1967)
- Spallation Nuclear Reactions and Their Applications (Reidel, 1976)
Astro Seminar: "ALMA observations of strongly lensed galaxies: A window into the small-scale structure of dark matter halos"
April 1, 2015 - 2:00 pm
Yashar Hezaveh (Stanford)
David Rittenhouse Laboratory A6
Condensed Matter Seminar: "How challenging is the path from nanoscience to nanotechnology? A computational condensed matter physicist perspective"
April 1, 2015 - 4:00 pm
Vincent Meunier, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Advances in Biomedical Optics Seminar: "Dual-agent Fluorescence Imaging for Highlighting Receptor-Specific Contrast in Tumors"
April 2, 2015 - 9:25 am