Women Interested in the Study of Physics Links
WOMEN AT PENN
- Penn's Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships
- Summer Internships and Research Opportunities The Penn Physics Department's extensive list of summer opportunities for undergraduates.
WOMEN IN SCIENCE
WOMEN IN PHYSICAL/TECHNICAL SCIENCE
WOMEN IN LIFE SCIENCE
Discussion Lists and Groups on Women in Science, Mathematics, and Technology
- womeninphysicsforum group: The Yahoo! 'womeninphysicsforum' email group provides a forum for discussion of issues with special relevance to women in physics: The vast majority of women in physics have experienced gender-specific workplace challenges at one time or another and certain MEASURES have to be undertaken to improve the situation for women working in the field of physics. This is a GRASSROOTS network that is intended to provide support for or promote discussion in the following areas: MENTORING, ENCOURAGEMENT, ADVICE, SUPPORT, UNITY through networking, advancing the status of women in physics through RECRUITMENT & RETENTION, EQUALITY in advancement & opportunity, SOLIDARITY. To subscribe, send a message to
womeninphysicsforum-subscribe -at- yahoogroups.com
and visit the site at
- WISENET: Women in Science and Engineering Network. The focus of this group is issues revlevant to the education and employment of women in sciences, mathematics and engineering. To subscribe, send a message to
listserv -at- UICVM.CC.UIC.EDUwith no subject and the message "subscribe wisenet first_name last_name"
- WOMUNSCI: Women Undergraduates in Science. A mailing list for discussion concerning the topic of increasing participation of undergraduate women in science. Membership is open to college science educators and administators and undergraduates interested in science. To subscribe, send a message to
majordomo -at- cs.umass.eduwith no subject and the message "subscribe womunsci_your email address_your name"
- WITI: Women in Technology. The focus of the list is to discuss aspects of women in technology. To subscribe, send a message to
witi-request -at- aero.org
- WIPHYS: Women in Physics. Over 750 subscribers from around the world exchange advice, netowrk, and discuss issues of interest to women in physics. To subscribe, send a message to
majordom -at- aps.orgwith no subject and the message "subscribe wiphys"
- GRADUATE WOMEN IN SCIENCE Electronic Discussion Group. Affliated with Simga Delta Epsilon/ Graduate Women in Science; you need not be a member to participate. To subscribe, send a message to
sheri_cole -at- som_bsb.ucsd.edu
- FIST - Feminists in Science and Technology. The purpose of this list is to discuss feminists in science and technology, feminist science and feminist critiques of science and technology. In addition, the purpose includes discussion of teh teaching of science and the implementation of technology. To subscribe, send a message to
listserve -at- dawn.hampshire.eduwith no subject and the message "subscribe first_name last_name"
- SYSTERS. A private, unmoderated electronic mailing list intended to allow professional women in the field of computing to discuss issues of mutual interest. The intended membership of the list is female computer professionals and female students. To subscribe, send a message to
admin -at- systers.orgwith "subscribe in the subject line.
- EDEQUITY. This list serves as a forum to discuss how to attain equity for males and females and how gender equity can be a helpful construct for improving education for all. This list gives people an opprotunity to ask questions and exchange information about teaching strategies, useful texts and films, innovative programs, current research, and funding sources. To subscribe, send a message to
Majordomo -at- mail.edc.orgwith no subject and the message "subscribe edequity"
- WIGSAT: Women in Global Science and Technology Network. A network of women scientists adn technologists; one of the mian goals of WIGSAT is to promote international collaboration and coalition building for development among women scientists and technologists around the world. To subscribe, send a message to
WIGSAT-L -at- list.ifias.cawith no subject and and the message "subscribe".
If you want information on other lists. check out Diane Kovac's Directory of Scholarly and Professional E-Conferences.