- Professor Emeritus
- Associate Dean, School of Arts and Sciences (1995-)
- Chair, Department of Physics and Astronomy (1992-95)
- Executive Committee, Division of Nuclear Physics of the American Physical Society (1982-84)
- Panel on Instrumentation, Nuclear Sciences Advisory Committee, (1988)
- Software Development Committee, Project GAMMASPHERE, (1990-)
- Long Range Plan Working Group on Nuclear Science, (advisory to DoE and NSF), (1995)
Fellow, American Physical Society
Ph.D. Columbia University (1968)
A.B. Harvard (magna cum laude) (1964)
- T. Chapuran, D. P. Balamuth, J. W. Arrison, and J. Gorres, "Channel Selection for In-Beam Gamma -Ray Spectroscopy using a 4 pi Phoswich Array", Nuclear Instruments and Methods A272, 767 (1988).
- D. P. Balamuth, T. Chapuran, and J. W. Arrison, "Applications of complete reconstruction of multi-particle final states in fusion-evaporation reactions using a 4 pi detector", Nucl. Instruments and Methods, A275, 315 (1989).
- P. H. Kutt and D. P. Balamuth, "Operating experience with a multiple-processor system for data acquisition and reduction in nuclear physics", Computers in Physics, vol. 3, No. 5, p. 52 (1989).
- J. W. Arrison, D. P. Balamuth, T. Chapuran, D. G. Popescu, J. Goerres, and U. J. Huettmeier, "Structure of the N = Z + 1 nucleus 69Se" Phys. Rev. C 40, 2010 (1989).
- J. W. Arrison, T. Chapuran, U. J. H/ttmeier, and D. P. Balamuth, "Electromagnetic transitions in the N = Z + 1 nucleus 71Br," Phys. Lett. B 248, 39 (1990).
- D. P. Balamuth, U. J. Huttmeier, T. Chapuran, D. G. Popescu, and J. W. Arrison, "In-beam gamma-ray spectroscopy of the N=Z+1 nucleus 63Ga", Phys. Rev. C 43, 2082 (1991).
- C. M. Laymon, K. D. Brown, and D. P. Balamuth, "The 0+(2) parentage of continuum levels in 20Ne," Phys. Rev. C 45, 576 (1992).
- U. J. Huttmeier, J. W. Arrison, and D. P. Balamuth, "In-beam gamma ray spectroscopy of 40Cl" Phys. Rev. C 48, 2648 (1993).
- K. R. Pohl, P. H. Regan, J. W. Arrison, and D. P. Balamuth, "Origin of correlations between evaporation protons and discrete gamma rays in heavy-ion fusion-evaporation reactions," Phys. Rev. C 49, 1372 (1994).
- D. P. Balamuth, K. A. Griffioen, J. E. Bush, K. R. Pohl, D. O. Handzy, A. Aguirre, B. M. Sherrill, J. S. Winfield, D. J. Morrissey, and M. Thoennessen, "Importance of nuclear effects in the dissociation of 6He and 6Li at E/A = 65 MeV," Phys. Rev. Lett.,72, 2355 (1994).